Ways in which the MortiSafe design could be enhanced.
Buzzer on MortiThingy
I could add a buzzer onto the MortiThingy unit.
- No battery in safe
- Could use a 1 channel radio controlled relay board, which is cheaper
- Buzzer could be handy for other forms of feedback
- It would avoid the problem where the buzzer and safe settings get out of sync
- There would be no buzzer feedback that the safe had received the uncontrol request
Bypass safe electronics
I could connect the safe solenoid directly to a battery and a remote controlled relay, bypassing the safe electronics entirely.
- No need for combination to open safe
- Might be able to come up with a design which avoids cutting any wires
- Avoids problem where some safes forget combination if power cut
- Need to not keep relay open too long (another button on MortiThingy?)
Button on a wire attached to MortiThingy. Uses could include:
- Add lockup time each time button pressed
- Easy safe open when time up (actioning solenoid) when used for self-bondage
Could add button to MortiThingy which would be a compromise.
Unify power supplies
Investigate using the external power to the safe to power the remote relay, the safe and the buzzer - or, if some options above used, the solenoid.